We offer Learn-To-Skate figure skating and hockey lessons year-round for adults, teens, and children, beginner to advanced.
If it’s your first time or you are ready to get back into skates or you have an interest in hockey, we have the right class for you, Beginner to Advanced! Ages 4 and up! Adults too! Ice Skating and Hockey Learn to Skate Classes. You or your skater will learn skills according to the National Learn-To-Skate USA curriculum. Our fabulous coaches will teach the FUNdamentals of ice skating in a cool and exciting atmosphere.
Basic Skills Program
The Basic Skills program are the building blocks of ice skating. Learn-To-Skate USA provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speed skating. These 6 progressive levels offered introduce forward and backward skating, stopping, edges, crossovers, turns, and beginning jumps and spins. Upon completion of Basic Skills 1-6, skaters will be able to advance to more specialized areas of skating. Our classes are well-structured with a maximum of 12 skaters in a class. Sno-King Snoqualmie’s program focuses on proper skills, development through foundational basics, which are the building blocks that will be the steppingstones of a solid foundation. Classes are taught in a positive, fun, and social environment. Skaters will progress at their own rate and advance after skill mastery is demonstrated.
- Ages 3 to 5
Snowplow Sam introduces preliminary moves to Pre-School age skaters not yet ready for Basic 1. Children will develop preliminary coordination and strength to move around on the ice
Skaters who complete all 4 Snoplow Sam levels will graduate directly to Basic 2
- Ages 6 to 17
Master basic through more difficult skills, learning correct technique, and building confidence.
Completion of Basic 6 prepares skaters for Pre-Free Skate, with greater emphasis on the control, speed, and agility needed for a more serious recreational skater, hockey, or figure skater.
- Learn to Hockey Skate
- This brand new program has been thoughtfully designed to teach the beginner skater the basic principles of hockey skating. Within these levels, skaters will learn the fundamentals, maneuver faster, develop edge work, and increase agility. All elements will be taught without a puck. These are the necessary building blocks to be successful in game situations. Skaters in Hockey 1 & 2 will begin the program in rental figure skates. This is because figure skating blades are longer and more gently curved. This design helps with balance. The curve of the blade (also known as the “rocker”) is at the ball of the foot, making the figure skate much easier for a beginner to learn in. Hockey skate blades, on the other hand, are more strongly curved and the rocker is set in the middle of the foot. Although trickier at first to balance on, this blade design makes it easier to generate speed, turn, and stop. Once basic skating has been achieved in Learn to Hockey Skate 1 & 2, skaters will transition to the hockey skate in level 3.
- Ages 18+
Six levels of proficiency geared to the beginner adult skaterThe adult curriculum is designed for both beginning and experienced adult skaters who wish to improve their skating skills. Participation in the program will help promote physical fitness and improve balance and coordination while teaching proper skating techniques.
- All Ages
- Aspire Academy
Transitions to more serious figure skating from Pre-Freeskate to Freestyle 6, learning increasingly difficult jumps, spins, foot-work and spiral sequences, turns and edgework, our classes prepare skates for higher level U.S. Figure Skating.
Moves in the Field, Freestyle, and Ice Dance tests.
- Each Enrolled Skater will receive:
- 6 weekly 30 minute group classes with a certified Learn to Skate USA coach
- 6 weekly 15 minute supervised practice sessions after class
- One makeup class to be used within a week of absence (note: due to Covid rules, makeups will only be accommodated if there is space)
- Membership to Learn-To-Skate USA.
- Practice card and certificate
- Rental skates for group classes.
- Optional Badge for $3.00
- Welcome Packets:
- All new members also receive a welcome packet getting them ready to enjoy and succeed in the world of ice skating.
- Skater record book to track progress
- Parent handbook
- Membership card
- Learn to Skate USA Magazine
- NEW LEARN TO HOCKEY SKATE!!
The hockey curriculum is designed to teach the beginner the basic principles of hockey skating. Within these levels, skaters will learn the fundamentals, maneuver faster, develop edge work and increase agility. All elements will be taught without a Puck. These are the necessary building blocks to be successful in game situations.
Skaters in Hockey 1 & 2 will be learning in "regular" skates (rental figure skates):
Figure skating blades are designed to be longer and are gently curved. This design helps with balance. The curve of the blade (known as the rocker) is at the ball of the foot and are therefore easier to learn in.
Hockey skate blades are more strongly curved and the rocker is set in the middle of the foot. This configuration makes hockey skates easier to generate speed in, turn, and stop.
Once basic skating has been achieved in Hockey 1 & 2, the transition to the hockey skate will begin in Hockey 3.
- REGISTER NOW!