Welcome to Learn to Skate!
Learn to Skate is a group skating curriculum designed to teach the fundamentals of ice skating in a positive and fun atmosphere to children, teens, and adults. LTS provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speed skating. Skaters progress at their own rate and advance to the next level after skill mastery is demonstrated.
We offer a plethora of class times!
MONDAYS: 4:45, 5:45, 6:45
WEDNESDAYS: 2:45, 4:45, 5:45, 6:45
SATURDAYS: 9:30, 10:30, 11:30
SUNDAYS: 9:15 Learn to Hockey Skate
- Summer Booster Series
- All registrants of any one of our summer series will receive a credit for a free 1 hour-long practice session. Our pre-summer Booster Series is a special 3-week Learn to Skate series. Skaters will have classes TWICE a week for 3 weeks rather than the traditional 1 class for 6 weeks. Boost your skills before the start of summer with double the ice time every week!
- Ages 3 to 5
- Tot 1 introduces basic moves to young children ages 3-5 who are not yet ready for Basic 1. Tots classes are low-pressure, high-fun to keep little ones engaged and excited about skating! Tots will develop preliminary coordination and strength to move around on the ice. Skaters who complete Tot 1-4 will graduate directly to Basic 2.Looking to boost your Tot’s progress? Check out Totsicles!
- Ages 6 to 17
- Basic Skills
- Basic 1-6 will introduce forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, and turns. These levels develop all of the fundamental skating skills on the ice. Focus is on learning the ABCs of basic athleticism: agility, balance, coordination, and speed. Upon completion of Basic 1-5, skaters will be able to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating, or continue on with our ASPIRE program.Looking to boost your skater’s progress? Check out AccelerSkate!
- basic 6 & up
- ASPIRE is a comprehensive package program designed for skaters in Basic 6 and up. ASPIRE classes are one hour long: 15 minutes of skating skills, 15 minutes of spin class, 15 minutes of jump drills, and 15 minutes of off-ice skating-specific stretching & exercises. The levels in ASPIRE are designed to give participants a strong foundation upon which skaters can then choose to pursue a recreational or competitive path.ASPIRE classes are only offered on Tuesday 5:15, Thursday 5:15, or Sat 11:30.
- Ages 18+
- The Adult curriculum is designed for both beginning and experienced adult skaters who wish to improve their skating skills. Participation in the program will help promote physical fitness and improve balance and coordination while teaching proper skating techniques. This is an exciting program for people who look to skating as an enjoyable part of a fit and healthy lifestyle.